We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting the personal data we hold about you. This policy explains what data we collect about you, how we collect it, the measures we take to keep your data secure and the uses we make of it. We also explain the options you have in relation to your personal data. When you request services from us or access our websites, you consent to our collection, retention and use of your personal data in the manner described in this policy and accept the risks outlined in the Security section.
This policy covers the personal data we collect about you for our Charter and equipment rental. It does not address data that does not personally identify you, such as aggregated anonymous data. We are free to use non-personal data as we wish. We do not knowingly obtain personal data from individuals under age 16 years.
Who we are
We do business in many countries and aim to comply with the privacy laws applicable to the personal data we collect and use. In addition, we comply with the Safe Harbor principles agreed between the U.S. and the E.U. establishing minimum standards of data protection for transfers of data from countries in the European Union to the United States.
We may change this policy from time to time. If we do so, the amended policy will take effect when we post it on our website.
We collect a range of data about you from a variety of sources for the purposes of our business. The examples we provide here are illustrative rather than a complete list of our practices.
What we collect
We collect the data we need to provide the services you request from us, which may include:
- Name, address and contact details, including telephone and mobile number, and email;
- Date and place of birth, passport number and license number;
- Credit card information;
- Location data such as geographic location of electronic devices used to contact us;
- Rental charges you incur and other information relating to your transactions; and
- Information about your credit history from consumer reporting agencies.
We collect personal data directly from you when you make a reservation or register for our service, including information you provide:
- When you call our reservation, customer contact or call centers;
- On our websites;
- At the charter location
- We might also gather personal data about you from a variety of other sources, including:
- Reservations you make with us through partners, travel agents or charter companies.
- Transactions you complete with us, including options you take, charges you incur and any incidents or accidents that may occur; and
- Other companies that have business relationships with us, such as our business partners.
We use certain technologies on our websites to collect data about your visit, as follows:
A “cookie” is a set of data sent to your computer by our web server that enables the server to recognize your computer. Cookies help us improve the quality of your visits to our websites by making the reservation process faster and smoother. The information they provide helps us develop content and features that we think will be of interest to you.
- Track your use of our websites during a single visit, remember the data you provide and the choices you make as you progress from page to page (“session cookies”); and
- Recognize you at your next visit (“persistent cookies ”).
More about cookies…
- If you restrict our use of session cookies you will not be able to use our websites or certain features of our e-mail messages. You should be aware that session cookies are generally deleted or made unavailable to us as soon as you close your browser.
- If you restrict our use of persistent cookies you may still enjoy the full workings of our websites and e-mail messages but will need to re-enter some data when starting a new website session. Although persistent cookies will neither automatically be erased nor made unavailable to us upon closing your browser, they will typically “expire” after a number of years.
If you are still unsure about cookies, please note that the data that makes up one of our cookies will typically have no meaning to anyone other than us. Also, a cookie is unable to retrieve other data from your computer’s hard drive or pass on computer viruses.
Other company websites
We try to ensure that the personal data we retain about you is stored securely and is as accurate, current and complete as necessary for the purposes we use it for.
We generally retain personal data about our customers for as long as we believe appropriate for the purposes for which it was collected or as otherwise required by applicable law. Our principal databases for storing the personal data we collect are located in Netherlands.
As you may be aware, there is no completely secure method of transmitting or storing data. Although their physical characteristics are different, postal mail, telephone calls, text messages, faxes and transmissions over the Internet all present possibilities of loss, misrouting, interception and misuse of the data that is transmitted.
We aim to maintain appropriate physical, procedural and electronic safeguards to protect your personal data, including:
- Restricting access to personal data to our employees on a “need to know” basis;
- Enforcing policies and procedures for our employees in their handling of personal data; and
- Using technologies designed to safeguard data during its transmission, including SSL encryption for the data you provide on our websites. If you have reason to believe that any account with us is no longer secure, you must immediately contact us by following the instructions at the end of this policy.
“SSL” stands for Secure Sockets Layer encryption. We use this protection for the data you submit to us on our websites. SSL encryption seeks to ensure that you are actually sending your data to Go4sailing and that no one else can read or tamper with it during transmission. When you are asked to provide your personal data to us on our website, you will see that our “http” website address changes to read "https". The additional “s” denotes that the site is secure for that data transfer. You may also see "go4sailing GmbH" on your screen, again denoting a secure site.
Security of communications
We try to strike a balance between the security of your data and your convenience. As a result, we may sometimes use a method of communication that is less secure than a less convenient alternative. For example, we will send you e-mail or text message in unencrypted form (i.e. instantly readable) because many of our customers are unable to access encrypted (i.e. coded) e-mail. This means that our email, if misrouted or intercepted, could be read more easily than encrypted e-mail. For this reason, please do not include confidential information, such as your credit card number, in any e-mail you send to us. For a more secure way to communicate with us over the Internet, please click on the “Contact Us ” link at the bottom of any page on www.go4sailing.com and follow our instructions.
By making a reservation with us, you consent to our use and disclosure of your personal data for the operational uses listed below. We would also like to use your data for our marketing purposes.
The examples provided below are illustrative and not a complete list of our practices:
To provide you services
We will share your personal data among agents, our charter companies, and ourselves and to provide services to you, including to:
- Make your charter reservations;
- Process your transactions;
- Provide you with enhanced charter services, Provide you with customer assistance;
- Bill and collect amounts owed to us for your charters and
- For customer satisfaction and market research purposes to help us improve our services.
Disclosure to companies you use
We might also share your information with companies you use in connection with your charter, including:
- Your credit card provider and other companies that process your charges;
- Any company or organization that is paying your charter charges;
- Any intermediary you use, such as a travel agent or club, in relation to any aspect of your charter.
Protective and legal uses
We may use and disclose your personal data as we believe appropriate, in compliance with applicable law, to protect our business. For example, we may share your personal data with credit reporting and fraud checking agencies. We may also share your data with organizations to enforce the rental agreement and recover any monies due, such as debt collection agencies. In addition, we may share your personal data for legal reasons, including:
- Cooperating with law enforcement agencies, to identify individuals who may be involved in illegal activities;
- Responding to governmental and administrative bodies in relation to charges arising during the charter, such as mooring fees and fines.
- To comply with applicable law.
Disclosure to our agents
We may use other companies as our agents to act on our behalf and assist us in the conduct of our business, performing services for us under our instruction. These services may include hosting certain websites or databases, running promotions for us, sending marketing communications, carrying out data analysis and conducting customer satisfaction surveys or other research. We will require our agents to maintain appropriate security standards to protect your personal data and use the data only for the purposes we specify.
Disclosure for corporate transactions
We may disclose your personal data to other companies in relation to the sale, merger or transfer of one of our businesses to enable the other company to decide whether to proceed with the transaction. If the transaction is completed, the company will be required to observe the relevant provisions of this policy with respect to the data provided.
We may aggregate your personal data and use it to develop targeted marketing programs and service offerings that we believe may be of interest to you. We would like to send these to you by email or by mail. We would also like to share your personal data with our business partners for their marketing purposes. You have choices in relation to our marketing uses of your personal data as follows:
We may use your personal data for the above marketing purposes, although you can choose to limit or restrict our mailings and our sharing of your data for these uses by following the instructions at Marketing Options below.
We will only use your personal data for our marketing purposes with your prior consent, which may be collected from a number of sources. If you do not receive marketing messages from us and would like to do so, or if you want to limit or restrict our mailings or sharing of your data for marketing purposes, please follow the instructions at Marketing Options below.
Residents of other countries
Our use of your personal data for marketing purposes will comply with your local law. You can instruct us how we can use your personal data for marketing purposes by following the instructions at Marketing Options below.
If you have made a reservation, booking or request you will have made marketing choices when you enrolled. These choices are now recorded in your Profile. If you want to edit this data please complete the My Privacy Choices form at the end of this policy and mail it to us, following the instructions at Contact Us below.
Alternative opportunities to opt-out
Our marketing emails contain an unsubscribe option. If you do not want us to continue to send marketing emails to your email address, click on ‘unsubscribe’ and we will not send further marketing emails to that address, although you may still receive emails at other addresses for which you have not unsubscribed.
Important points to note
Please note the following points about the marketing choices you make:
- If you change your marketing choices, we will always observe your most recent choice associated with your data. Although we aim to process your choices promptly, you may still receive marketing communications prepared before we received your request to unsubscribe;
- If you change your address, we will continue to follow your directions for your most recent address provided from your data.
- If you choose not to receive marketing messages from us, you may not be able to receive certain benefits connected to your data.
We hope this policy answers your questions about our collection and use of your personal data. If you have additional questions or want to contact us for a specific purpose, please select from the following:
Please send any request to access, amend or delete certain personal data we hold about you to the address below.
You should send any questions you may have about this policy to the address below. If you feel our response is not satisfactory, we will refer you to a neutral and independent dispute resolution organization.
Send a completed My Privacy Choices form (at the end of the policy) to the address below. We aim to process your choices promptly on receipt, but you should please allow a number of days for your choices to become effective.
If you have reason to believe that the personal data we hold about you is no longer secure, you must immediately notify us of the problem by either clicking “Contact Us” at the bottom of any page on www.go4sailing.com.
The Croatian coastline together with its islands ranks among the most intricately indented coastlines in the world. This wealth of islands and islets attracts adventurous travellers from all over the world. Yacht chartering in Croatia you will never fail to be delighted by the smaller isles and their romantic atmosphere, and by the relaxed way of life amid such tranquillity and beauty.
Get the BEST offers
Italy is the ideal destination for a yacht charter. It boasts around 7,500 km of coastline, lapped by the waves of the Adriatic, the Tyrrhenian, the Ionian, the Ligurian, and the Sardinian Seas. From north to south, stretches of sandy beaches alternate with jagged shorelines and sheer cliffs that plunge into the sea - a land full of picturesque, fascinating seaside locations.
Get the BEST offers
The islands are the main characteristic of Greece's morphology and an integral part of the country's culture and tradition. Greek sovereign land includes 6,000 islands and islets scattered in the Aegean and Ionian Seas, of which only 227 islands are inhabited. This makes chartering in Greece a truly unique sailing experience.
Get the BEST offers
Quality starts with the best materials and components. The comfort on board of a Jeanneau, the level of finish, and the perfect ergonomics were carefully designed to make every moment aboard special. Numerous deck hatches and portholes flood the inside with light emphasising the rich materials found throughout: leather, stainless steel, and the finely varnished woodwork.
Get the BEST offers
Manufactured in France, there is no mistaking the smooth lines and elegant sailing profile of a luxury ocean going Beneteau yacht. Whether it's a racing yacht you seek - such as one of the the now-legendary Firsts -, or a luxurious blue water cruising yacht - the inimitable Beneteau 50 and 57 and the Oceanis Clippers -, or a one design classic - the Beneteau 25, the 25 Platu, the Figaro I and II and the First Class.
Get the BEST offers
Bavaria Yachts has invested in a manufacturing approach centered around a single, industry-leading Shipyard. The pillars of the Bavaria approach are a customer-centric and meticulous design process, stable, highly-trained teams of craftsmen, state-of-the-art technology investments, and an obsessive focus on quality in both product and process.
Get the BEST offers
If you would like to charter a boat in Croatia, but do not have a skipper license then here is how to get an ICC (international Certificate of competence) in 3 days.
We are plan an inexpensive sailing holiday in Croatia without the hassle of complicated advanced planning. We can offer low cost cabin charter sailing cruises around the Adriatic Islands and No sailing experience is required!